A bureaucrat is a user similar to an administrator. But, they have a few more advantages.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
Simiral abilities Edit
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Extra abilities Edit
- A bureaucrat has the power to make other users, on their wiki, into administrators or bureaucrats.
- Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Who are this wiki's bureaucrats? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki automatically is granted administration and bureaucracy. So, the founder of this wiki is a bureaucrat. Other bureaucrats are either elected or granted bureaucracy, through another bureaucrat. Dogs and Cats Wiki's bureaucrats are listed at Special:Listusers/bureaucrat but, they are also listed below.
How do I use bureaucrat powers? Edit
The Guide to Bureaucracy and adminship page will help you understand how to use your new bureaucrat and administrator powers.
Becoming a bureaucrat Edit
To become a bureaucrat, you must be granted bureaucracy by another bureaucrat. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as Dogs and Cats Wiki:request for bureaucracy. But on a small wiki, like this one, just leave a message on a bureaucrat's talk page. However, you are also able to ask on the community portal or Forum.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for bureaucracy" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights